• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Plot a stacked column chart with multiple sets of data

sbolt6

Hello Everyone,

I have searched for a solution to this but I am struggling trying to find a way to plot comparative data on one chart that shows revenues by major customer over several years. More specifically, I am trying to plot each year on a stacked column that shows each of the major customers on top of each other and some of the "top 10" customers change from year to year. I have attached an example to try to show what I am looking for and I hope this is clear to everyone. I appreciate any help you might be able to provide. Thank you!

Scott

Attachments

• Chart problem.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 3
Guessing you are after this kind of chart?
I don't like it very much as it is cluttered, colourful and conveys no message at all.

Not sure if "all other customers" has to be on it. I delete your example too quickly.

Attachments

• Copy of Chart problem.xlsx
    19.1 KB · Views: 5
Might tell more like this (still cluttered though)

Or simplified

Should be "are" dropping I guess.

Last edited:
Thank you both! I agree with Guido that it does not convey a great message and is very cluttered. However, I was asked by our President to chart the data presented to him and could not make it work. Once again, I very much appreciate your expertise!

Most welcome. And thank you for the feedback. Good you agree the last one is the best one.
Consider hitting some likes

Back