• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot table: show a sub-total as a % of the grand total?

Hi all

I'm struggling to make a PT show me the data how I need to present it. My 15 colleagues are chosing from 30 questions. I then use a PT to help me see what questions have been chosen by which. However, I also need to see how 'popular' each question has been: ((NumberOfColleagues/TotalNumberOfColleagues)*100).

As I'm using PT's a lot I would really like to be able to manipulate them better, as I'm sure I'm only just scratching the surface of their usefullnes. I've reason to believe people set up blank columns, etc for such a reasons, so they can add calculated fileds in where needed - but how to add these calcualted fileds is the missing link for me.

Michael.

I've done some searching around and get the imporession this was something quite a few Pivot table users have asked about. A possible way to do it is by adding helper columns and making the calculation there. I'm still working on it, but if anyone has ideas let me know.

Thanks

Michael.

Hi,

Here's a good place to start learning about Pivot Tables take a look in the tutorials here

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html

Mike

Have you tried

Right Click on the Field you want to see

goto Value Field Settings

Show Value as Tab

Show Values as "% of Total"
or "% of Column"

@Oldchippy: thanks for the link. I can imagine I'll be using that page quite often.

@Hui: that was something i tried but didn't manage to make work. Recently though I have learnt that you can use the same category in the values field more than once. Maybe that will be how I can make it work for me.

Thanks again for you input.

Back