• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Table Field List

srinidhi

Hi,

Is there any alternative for the default Pivot table Field List. My data is huge & it becomes very difficult to drag & drop filed in Values. Any suggestions & thoughts please. Any free Addins or VBA code to change the default Filed structure would be very helpful.

You can change option to show Fields only. Then control where it goes by right clicking on field. No need to drag and drop into narrow space provided. Order of fields can be adjusted in PivotTable itself.

However, if you have too many fields. It is more of data design flaw. For data analysis (not discovery), you'd want to focus on key stats that are related. And most reports should be summarized to easily readable segment with limited number of fields.

upload_2016-7-18_11-42-33.png

@ Chihiro thanks for the quick updates. I agree with you its a design flaw. The space is very narrow. Actually I need to summarise around 15 fields month on month. So I was looking for a better way of doing it. Is there any better design or any another way of doing this task.

Do you have sample data? Without looking at it, hard to say.

There is no add-in that I'm aware of that changes field control.

Best method I find, is to show Fields Section only (no area section), then right click to add to Rows, Columns, Values etc. Then edit ordering and field setting in the PivotTable itself.

Hi Srinidhi ,

If what you are doing is repetitive , with data having the same layout and fields , then code can easily be written to do what you are doing manually.

You will have to upload your workbook , and explain your manual process in complete detail.

Narayan

Back