• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot table count results of formula

dolphintabby

How can I get the pivot table to count the number of the results of a formula instead of counting the number of formulas in a column of cells? When I created a pivot table it gives me a total count of cells that contain a formula instead of the total number from the formula which is a text.
The result of the formula are names of months. I want to calculate how many approved reports were completed by month. Then, I want to see what percentage of approvals there are to completed reports. Can anyone please help me?

Last edited:
Now come on, give us a chance, we may have many powers that mere mortals of the forum do not possess but an upload of your pivot would really help.....:p

Now come on, give us a chance, we may have many powers that mere mortals of the forum do not possess but an upload of your pivot would really help.....:p

See attached. :)

Attachments

• Sample tracking pivot for question.xlsx
    124.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi;

Please find the attached. There is no need of month formula to get the count by month , the pivot will do it for you. I am not sure what format you were looking for. I have created two pivot tables by taking a cue from the pivot you already had in the file , if you are looking for something different let us know.

Thanks

Attachments

• Sample tracking pivot for question.xlsx
    141.9 KB · Views: 2
That is awesome but I also needed it divided across the top where it says FMQR by month I also need it by Type so horizontal access is by type and vertical like you have it by month. :)

I tried to figure out how you added month and year to the pivot fields but I haven't been able to figure it out. How did you separate them out?

Back