• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Table - Calculated Field Help

lichdo

Hello, I have a pivot table (see attached).

What I am trying to get is - for each Project Manager, what percentage of their total work for a month is for each client? All the data is already there to make the calculation, but any way I try to create the calculated field I am getting an error.

Can I do this within the pivot table, without modifying anything in the source data?

In this case, Project Manager 7 is the only one across more than 1 client. So I would need to take their total for Client 1 (25249.51) and Client 2 (69140.1) and get what percentage those are of their Month 1 (9438961) total.

In case the attachment doesn't work, this is what it looks like -

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 5.25.05 PM.png

Attachments

• Sample Data.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 3
What you've attached only seems to be a copy/paste-values of a pivot table, we'd need to see the source data too!

Where calculated fields fail, DAX comes to the rescue.
Load the data to PowerPivot and create 3 measures. Total work: sum(work item value).
Grand Total work: calculate(Total work, all(data, project manager))
Pct work = divide(Total work, grand Total work).
Put the last one in the pivot and slice the measure per month ( calendar table required) and per project manager.

I' m without excel now and could not test with your data, but the idea is there. I''ll might give it a go later today. As @p45cal said, will need sanitized source sample data.

Back