• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Personal Macros not showing in View Macros (Alt-F8) but showing in Visual Basic

Cknight

Hi all!

I have no idea what happened. I have used a version of my Personal.xlsb file for years and have over 200 macros saved to it. I was creating a new macro, made my changes like normal and saved the personal file as usual. It had the unique box to save the personal as it usually does. After reopening Excel, none of the macros show up in the View Macros box.
If I go in through the developer tab, VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB) shows and all of my modules are there. I am able to run macros without error as well. I opened an older backup I made of Personal.xlsb in Excel and they show in the View Macros box. First time in about 15 years this has happened and I have no idea why!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Cknight
'Lucky' that I don't use Alt-F8 nor PERSONAL.XLSB, but pure guess ...
Is there in Macros in: All Open Workbooks selection done?
If something else then Could You give a snapshot ... where is missing something?

Thanks everyone!

I tried everyone's recommendations but did not have any success so I restored a backup from last week. I was still able to access the current Personal file so I exported those to NotePad and was able to paste those into the restored Personal file so I lost minimal work.
While recreating those, I noticed 2 modules were named the exact same. I am not sure if I accidentally imported or copied or what happened. I'm assuming that's what caused the error. Hopefully, if anyone else has a similar problem in the future this could be a fix because that was pretty terrifying thinking all of my macros were gone! :eek:

Anyways, thanks again for your replies. Truly appreciate it!

It's what may happen at any time with Excel, so backup, then backup and at least backup ‼​

When you have modified a VBA procedure you can export the module where it is located …​

Hi, bit late to the party, but for future reference...
The same thing happened to me this morning. A hint from another answer was 'have you accidently called two macros the same name?'. I went into the module I had been working on yesterday and found a little testing macro called Sub Autofit(). I deleted it and other testing macros I had created that day and everything went back to normal. It was silly of me to name a sub the same as a vba method, and my brain did send a warning flag at the time, which I dutifully ignored, to my peril. So having two macros the same name, or a reserved vba name is a good place to start looking. Hope this helps someone else.

Back