• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

[OT] Forward Sent Items

Dear All,

Pardon for asking [out topic] outlook question here but perhaps someone been using outlook vba and can shed some light. I've been searching through the internet and still could not find the answer for my question regarding outlook. I plan to have an email base information server where people can send email with specific subject to my email and it will trigger rule in outlook and if the requested information is already in sent items folders it will forward the email to the recipient and if not, it will open excel and generate data base on the query.

The process would be

1. Generate basic / default information.
2. Send it by email to a dummy email (or any email)
3. Set Rule in outlook to process incoming mail
4. Check if subject in email is a request/query, if yes go to 5, if no go to 8
5. Check if the requested query are already being made, IF Yes go to 6, if No, go to 7
6. Forward the right email in the send items folder to sender email [END]
7. Open Excel, Processed the query and send new information as attachment to sender [END]
8. Reply with default message [END]

My question is regarding step 6. Do I have to loop through the sent items folder to find the right email to forward or I can make some kind of index of send items and refer to that index. I hope i make my point clear enough to understand. Thanks before.

EDITED : CMIIW, maybe I can just move all the send emails to a folder ("Data" for example), create an item number index and refer to it.

PS. This will be a private server where only limited number of people use it. Thus, the mail traffic will be low.
PPS. I am sorry if I have not reply to any previous post. My internet has been down.

Last edited:
Back