• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Order of axis changes with slicer selection.

shaikhrulez

Hello everyone, I have created this dashboard using power pivot with prime focus and calculation based on dates and grouping of years. The problem is order of axis changes with different slicer selection. I want to display axis in ascending order. I tried reordering/sorting the axis manually by left clicking and using Move option but the order again gets disturbed with different slicer selection.

For example, in chart for Remaining Years in Retirement it must be < 1 year, 1 to 5 years, 6 to 10 years, 11 to 15 years and so on with N/A in the end. Similarly, in chart for Duration of Employees at Current Place of Posting it must be < 3 years, > 3 years, > 6 years and so on with N/A in the end.

Any solution or work around to solve this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
shaikhrulez
Just noticed that You wrote ... using power pivot with prime focus ...
... I won't use that at all and if it needs/uses that, I'll skip this.

Why did You open Your thread to
Ask an Excel Question,
if You're using
power Pivot...
Should this be in Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting?
Threads should open in correct Forum
... as written in Forum Rules.
With a sample file, it would be possible that someone could help You.

Apologies for asking in wrong section. I thought since this is a question, it should be posted in Ask an Excel Question section. Anyhow, is there any way I can move this post to Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting ?

Hi, since it is power pivot, in the data model you can sort the columns by using another column. So maybe consider using a "order by" column in your data tables. Then when you drop the dimension it is always sorted first on that defined order.

I also would use some lookup tables for all your bins (grouping for xxx)74726

Back