• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help with stacked bar

Diyaeldeen

Hi, I have these data where one cell has a very high value compared to the other. Is there a way I can better represent the small stacked percentages or increase their size.
i STACKED.png

Ok how do I add the small value cells in a second axis under the first one?
Angola example; to put the 32k on an axis alone and the remaining values under it in a separate axis?

Hi there!

I understand your challenge. When one value in your dataset is significantly larger than the others, it can make it tough to represent the smaller values effectively. Here are a couple of suggestions that might help:

1. 100% Stacked Bar Chart or 100% Stacked Column Chart: These charts show each category as a percentage of the total. This way, even if one value is very large, the smaller values are still visible and proportional, making the differences clearer.
  2. Logarithmic Scale: If you're using a line chart or a bar chart, applying a logarithmic scale can help. This scale compresses the range of your data, allowing the smaller values to be more noticeable without losing the overall context.
Using a 100% stacked bar or column chart should make the smaller percentages stand out better, ensuring your data is accurately and effectively represented.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• stacked-bar-chart.jpg
    stacked-bar-chart.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
  • stacked-column-chart.jpg
    stacked-column-chart.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 0
Back