• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help to allocate work based on training n attendance

Sudha79

Hi,

@Narayan Sir
I have seen many replies on the other questions related to macro and they looked helpful.
I too need an help creating macro for the allocation of work based on the training provided on each task and the attendance.
Task will be generated with the task type and task id. Resource has to be allocated to each task type.
NOTE:Need to take care that most of the resources get the equal number of tasks.

Thanks
Sudha

Attachments

• WorkAllocate.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi Sudha79,

Please note that the person you've taged has never posted any message on this forum. I think you wanted to call Narayank991, but he is inactive since Jan of this year. You can wait a long time.

Perhaps you might want to be a bit more explicit on your requirements so that the VBA-experts over here can guide you along.
Take care.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your response. Please find attached the sheet here.
I need to allocate names in the Allocate Sheet's Resource column, based on the training and attendance column data.
Please help me using macro.
Also want a pivot table to be generated at the end in the same workbook which gives count of tasks in each resource's bucket.
Hopes this clears with the requirement.

Thanks
Sudha

Attachments

• WorkAllocate.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Sir,

Thanks for your response. Please find attached the sheet here.
I need to allocate names in the Allocate Sheet's Resource column, based on the training and attendance column data.
Please help me using macro.
Also want a pivot table to be generated at the end in the same workbook which gives count of tasks in each resource's bucket.
Hopes this clears with the requirement.

Thanks
Sudha

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me on the above query I have posted?

Thanks
Sudha

Hi again Sudha,

I understand you are in need of some help. Do consider it's holiday season... And I'm afraid your requirements are insufficient. You have expressed a need, which is clear, not the rules for the logic to follow. Maybe you can add those an show a manual example too.

PS: I don't do macros, so I can't offer help.

Hi,

I am attaching the sheet again. Here the first thing is, if Allocate sheet's Assign column is having Emp id(indicating task already in the emp bucket) then the resource column should get the name of the corresponding emp from the attendance sheet. Then allocate all the new status tasks to different resources based on the training they have got and also their presence/absense, and all have to be mostly equally assigned for the tasks.
SO, final output should be the name of resources in the resource column based on the above criteria.

Thanks
Sudha.

Attachments

• WorkAllocate.xlsx
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
Back