• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need Help for PowerPivots

Farhan Younas

Hi,
dear all, anyone can please help me.
i have made 3 workbooks in excel for my 1) sales, 2) remittance and 3) Targets

my sales table contains
date, month, day, year, dealer code, dealer name, regions, product purchased, product value

my remittance table contatins
date, month, day, year, dealer code, dealer name, region, remittance

my targets tables contain
month, year, sales targets and remittance targets.

i am unable to make connections, if i want to make connection for say date, dealer code, region, it gives error that "Relationship can not be created because each column contain duplicate value. select atleast one column that contains only unique value"

need your help and guidance to learn something new and awesome

Attachments

• Book2.xlsx
    884.7 KB · Views: 3
i am unable to make connections, if i want to make connection for say date, dealer code, region, it gives error that "Relationship can not be created because each column contain duplicate value. select atleast one column that contains only unique value"
It just means your "lookup" tables or "dim(ension)" tables contain double items (key column) which may not be the case in PP/data model.
You should normalize your date first.

Dear @rahulshewale1 i cant see any video and file is empty which you attached with message.
@GraH - Guido can you please share detail, data is normal. there is no double column. if a product is sold to many customers or single customer many times this is the normal database. need your detailed help.

@GraH - Guido can you please share detail, data is normal. there is no double column. if a product is sold to many customers or single customer many times this is the normal database. need your detailed help.[/quote]
Not double column, a double key. E.g. if both tables contain region, and region value is repeated in both tables, PP will not allow the relationship.
You need a third table which contains unique values of regions, then build the relationship.

Back