• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

my date highlights are also on the next month

gazac

Hi all

I got a lot of help from reading Chandoo's post with my code, but now I have come to a stop, I have a small problem, I have tried everything, I only have this last thing to do.

as you can see from the file, my date highlights are also on the next month (Dec)

I need them to only go to the current date that in the Starts & finish dates (Nov)

my code

Activity Name (cell A) is pick from a list, works ok

Duration (Days) (cell B) is work out by this =IF(C5=D5,1,DAYS360(C5,D5)+1) works ok

cells with no dates shows a 0 so I use this conditional formatting =ISBLANK(C5) & =ISBLANK(D5) this colors the 0 white

I also have conditional formatting to make the cell B red if the dates are done wrong =C5>D5

now the conditional formatting to make the blue color in the days cells for Nov =AND(E$4>=DAY($C5), E$4<=DAY($D5))

this work great, but it also shows the blue in the other months, I only want it to show for the month shown in the cel C & D

I tried this =IF( ABS(MONTH(C5) = MONTH(E2)),AND(E$4>=DAY($C5), E$4<=DAY($D5)),"") this works but I will have to add it to every cel needed, like 366 for a year, I realty need a conditional formatting to do this, I did try this

conditional formatting =AND(E$4>=DAY($C5), E$4<=DAY($D5))

conditional formatting =ABS(MONTH(C5) = MONTH(E2)) (tick stop if true)

this does not work, can anyone help please

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uahyt5k12nraa2b/Activity.xlsm

hope I used Dropbox ok ;)

Gazac

I would do two things:

1. Change the numbers in Row 4 from Numbers to Dates

E4: =E2

F4: =E4+1

Copy F4 across

Apply a Custom Number Format to Row 4 as d

2. Change the CF to: =AND(E$4>=$C5, E$4<=$D5)

Enjoy

Hi Hui

1. Change the numbers in Row 4 from Numbers to Dates

E4: =E2 *This got me but I worked it out

F4: =E4+1 *same for this one

Copy F4 across

Apply a Custom Number Format to Row 4 as d *I did not know this, you Learn everday

2. Change the CF to: =AND(E$4>=$C5, E$4<=$D5)

Hui, you are a lifesaver, many thanks it now works great & I have Learned a lot

again many thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To anyone else, I now have this working great thanks to Hui

I will close this post as done

The cells in row 4 are now storing Dates but they are displayed as the Day No of the month

It means that you can do a direct comparison with your schedule

Back