• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

multiple Y axis with one X axis

Amin Najibi

Dear All
Hello!
I am new member!
I want to draw a chart with multiple(more than 3) Y axis and "one" X axis.Can excel do that?

Hi Amin, Welcome to the Forum !

I am very poor at charts, hardly use.
I have attached 1 chart, meanwhile someone helps you, could you please confirm if this is what you require.

If I am correct (less chances) I will try to explain how I did this.

Attachments

• Chart.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 15
Hi Amin, Welcome to the Forum !

I am very poor at charts, hardly use.
I have attached 1 chart, meanwhile someone helps you, could you please confirm if this is what you require.

If I am correct (less chances) I will try to explain how I did this.

Thank you
actually I want to draw something like what attached. In this chart X axis and Y axis are r and z in the polar coordinates,respectively.(i.e. they are coordinates of points) and values of a specified parameter are ploted qualitatively in the chart as shown.
what do you think? Can Excel draw similar charts?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 19
From what I've seen, you can draw anything on a chart. The trick is just coaxing XL to do it, and how much effort it takes. Looking at the image, I would image starting with an XY chart, and then drawing the additional y-axis using dummy series. After that, it will probbaly take some claculations on your part to figure out how to translate the data you have currently into the image you want.

Check out this 3D chart by Hui for inspiration:
http://chandoo.org/wp/2011/07/06/3d-dancing-pendulums/

From what I've seen, you can draw anything on a chart. The trick is just coaxing XL to do it, and how much effort it takes. Looking at the image, I would image starting with an XY chart, and then drawing the additional y-axis using dummy series. After that, it will probbaly take some claculations on your part to figure out how to translate the data you have currently into the image you want.

Check out this 3D chart by Hui for inspiration:
http://chandoo.org/wp/2011/07/06/3d-dancing-pendulums/

That's great!
I know my mentioned chart did not draw with Excel.maybe I should defraud it to do that :)

Thanks a lot

Back