• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Multi-line header not justifying all lines

despite everything i try, I cannot get the top line of my header to left justify to match the 2nd line. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Attachments

• sample file for Chandoo_2.27.2019.xlsx
    41.9 KB · Views: 13
Are you referring to the [Invoice] tab, cells K2 thru K4?

Attachments

• Copy of sample file for Chandoo_2.27.2019.xlsx
    40.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm sorry, I should have been more descriptive.... If you look at the print preview of the Proposal tab, you'll see the header "1Solution' left justified to match the tag line underneath it.
If you look at the Invoice tab you'll see how "1Solution" does not line up.
I've uploaded a revised copy of the file so the names match

Attachments

• Sample file for Chandoo_3.4.2019.xlsx
    38.7 KB · Views: 11
I'm going to need a specific cell reference.
When I did a search on "1Solution" with FIND, it only came up with the e-mail address in Tab [Invoice], Cell F23.

On the proposal sheet you have a number of spaces before the tag line, which are not there on the invoice sheet

The fact that the two lines are of different font wouldn't affect how they justify to the left would it? Also, the document keeps adding spaces to the front of the top line no matter how many times I remove them. And the link of formatting codes that vietm sent me doesn't seem to work (unless I'm not using it properly)

fluff, I added the spaces in front of the second line just as a work-around to get the two lines to even up with each other but I'd really like to get the 1st line to left justify so it doesn't run so far over to the right

The first line also has a space in front, but you say you cannot get rid of it.
Also the Italic font will make it look as though it's not fully justified left

Correct. The space (or spaces) keep returning and if I change the font size of the space(s), they return to the larger size as well.
Changing the font from italic to regular does not fix it nor does changing the font to something plain like arial.
It's only the Invoice worksheet - I don't have this issue with the Proposal worksheet.

revised workbook with font changed to arial regular. no italics, no bold

Attachments

• Sample file for Chandoo_3.7.2019.xlsx
    38.7 KB · Views: 6
Hank,
Would you mind reiterating exactly what you're still having a problem with on the Invoice sheet. Please give Cell references. Please also do the same for the Proposal sheet indicating what is working that is not working on the Invoice sheet.

Hank More

Check if this is what you want

Decio

Attachments

• sample file for Chandoo_2.27.2019 Decio.xlsx
    38.4 KB · Views: 10
The "1" in 1 Solution (Copperplate Gothic Light) takes up for sake of argument 20 mm horizontally using 60 font size while the line below is using approx. 3 mm per character horizontally (Trebuchet MS) using font size 11. The "blocks" of space that each character in each line is using is not equal. The "fix" as I can see it is to left justify the "1 Solution" line and pad the beginnin of the second line with spaces to line up with the line above it. Will that not work?

The "1" in 1 Solution (Copperplate Gothic Light) takes up for sake of argument 20 mm horizontally using 60 font size while the line below is using approx. 3 mm per character horizontally (Trebuchet MS) using font size 11. The "blocks" of space that each character in each line is using is not equal. The "fix" as I can see it is to left justify the "1 Solution" line and pad the beginnin of the second line with spaces to line up with the line above it. Will that not work?
Thank you for looking at this.
I have tried to left justify the first line repeatedly but it keeps reverting back to having the space(s) in front of it.
Again no issues with the Proposal worksheet. What's the difference between the two that's causing the Invoice worksheet to have this issue? I can't determine.

You might be able to copy and paste the Proposal Header to the Invoice Header and then edit the copied header.

Back