• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

MS EXCEL SUMIFS formula

mazahrm

Dear All,

Can i kindly request for someone to advise me why the formula below is not working,

i am at the first column and the second where value = 1 sum the third column

Product - MS Excel 2010

1 45 454

2 45 154

2 14 124

2 25 154

2 63 55

3 63 144

4 1 145

4 12 4

0 =SUMIFS(H7:H14,G7:G14,1,F7:F14,1)

Thank You - all help appriciated

Mazahrm,

Try the below to get the results....

=SUM(IF(F7:F14=1,H7:H14),IF(G7:G14=1,H7:H14))

This is a array formula, press CTRL + SHIFT + Enter to get the output.

In the meantime trying to figure out why SUMIF and Sumproduct is also not giving the results.... looks like a case of AND condition coming into effect.

~VijaySharma

*EDIT*

It is the position of the elements due to which SUMIFS and SUMPRODUCT are failing.

Mazahrm,

Read the below to understand why SUMIFS was not giving the result (copied from online help).

Each cell in the sum_range argument is summed only if all of the corresponding criteria specified are true for that cell. For example, suppose that a formula contains two criteria_range arguments. If the first cell of criteria_range1 meets criteria1, and the first cell of criteria_range2 meets critera2, the first cell of sum_range is added to the sum, and so on, for the remaining cells in the specified ranges.

~VijaySharma

Thank you for the response's very much appriciated,

but in the sample data provided in column A i have the value 1 and in column B i have value 1 as well in the formula it specifies that where criteria = 1 in criteria range 1and criteria range 2 therefore i sould get a value of 454+145

but the result is 0

am i still missing the point ?

It is the position of the elements of the array which will be summed up...

you can try using SUM (SUMIF(range, criteria sum_range) + SUMIF(range, criteria sum_range))

In your sample data, if you position 1 at the same cells in Col A and B you will get the answer. So if Cell A2 and B2 have 1, you will get the answer.

HTH

Back