• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Move Data macro

Luke M

Excel Ninja
Staff member
Question from mwpv11, moved from the Introduction stickey:

Hi All,

I need help with the following problem:

My Goal:

To list the outcome of tab one questions whenever green or blue to tab 3”Step 3 – Summary” in cell b14.

Please note that one the tab turns green; the user does not have to proceed to the next questions.

Here is the logic:

If question 1 is yes = conditional formatting is green – I want the outcome shown on “Step 3 – Summary tab” cell b14; if it is no – I do no, I do not want any outcome listed.

If answers to questions 2 and 3 are both no/ green – I want the outcome shown on “Step 3 - Summary tab” cell b14; if it is yes – I do not want the outcome listed.

If answers to questions 4, 5, and 6 are all yes/ green – I want the outcome shown on “Step 3 – Summary Tab” cell b14; if it is no – I do not want the outcome listed.

If answers to questions 7 and 8 are all Yes or blue – I want the outcome shown on “Step 3 – Summary Tab” cell b14; if it is no – I do not want the outcome listed.

Lastly, - I am not macro savvy – I have the “Move” button setup as a Macro – if you think there are any helpful hints regarding how I have this set up – I would welcome it!

@mwpv11

Do you really want everything being moved into b14? Or the next empty cell after B14?

Where exactly are the questions you talk about located? In order to write a macro, we need cell references. Detecting conditional formatting can be tricky...can you tell us what the formula/condition is that makes the cells the different colors, as it would be easier to check that logic?

Back