• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

More Refined Method

The attached removes the spill value from the RentalCost Name. It's a shorter and simpler formula.
Another way to do this is to adjust the formula in the file attached to msg#19, to return only the first column, so instead of:
Code:
=RentalCost(C5,G5,B5,Control!$A$3:$F$11)
you'd have:
Code:
=INDEX(RentalCost(C5,G5,B5,Control!$A$3:$F$11),,1)
The spill over value was useful as it verified the duration of what was manually entered
It doesn't verify the manually entered number, it is sometimes larger, see K7 and K10 of the previous file, and is actually an indication of what needs to be ordered from the rental company to get the lower price, and nothing to do with labour days for the project. Although it may seem obvious and/or easy to work out how many days' rental to ask of the rental company with your current sample values, moving to multiple months equipment hire with quantities greater than 1 it will be far from obvious, if not nigh on impossible to work out with mental arithmetic.

Attachments

• Chandoo50656Equiipment Rental2.xlsx
    24.9 KB · Views: 2
The attached removes the spill value from the RentalCost Name. It's a shorter and simpler formula.
Another way to do this is to adjust the formula in the file attached to msg#19, to return only the first column, so instead of:
Code:
=RentalCost(C5,G5,B5,Control!$A$3:$F$11)
you'd have:
Code:
=INDEX(RentalCost(C5,G5,B5,Control!$A$3:$F$11),,1)

It doesn't verify the manually entered number, it is sometimes larger, see K7 and K10 of the previous file, and is actually an indication of what needs to be ordered from the rental company to get the lower price, and nothing to do with labour days for the project. Although it may seem obvious and/or easy to work out how many days' rental to ask of the rental company with your current sample values, moving to multiple months equipment hire with quantities greater than 1 it will be far from obvious, if not nigh on impossible to work out with mental arithmetic.

I toyed with different variable rentals and for the most part, entering multiples of one item i.e. 3 scissor lifts for 1 - 3 months, all the results so far have equated to what would normally be input manually. Will get back with you as soon as I complete making the remainder of the workbook changes and doing a bunch of testing.... thanks....

Just a short note to let you know that the last iteration of the worksheet works as planned. Appreciate the time you spent on this for me. I would say Aloha if I were from Hawaii but not the case, am from Alaska.

Back