• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

More about movie formatting (and actors' overlapping)

BroadwayDubbing

Hi, I'm Luciano, its my second question to this forum. The first one was wonderfully answered :)

When I cast voices to dub a documentary, I assign one voice actor to more than one character. In order to avoid that the same actor is assigned to two characters talking to each other or too close in a scene (they would have the same voice!) I am trying to find a way to identify characters next to each other in the script, highlighting two or more different characters that have contiguous lines, one following the other, like Mario and Jose in the example provided. It would be great if I could filter out the Narrator, whose actor is not given any other character to dub, so there is no risk of double-casting. It would also be great to filter out from the search all the female characters, when casting men. In the example provided, Jose and Maria are next to each other, but obviously they will have a male and a female voice attributed. Maria and Janet instead are both female, so I need to highlight them when casting female roles to avoid double-casting. Please see attached file to simplify what I' trying to say.

Thanks!
Luciano

Attachments

• Voice Actor Overlapping.xlsx
    10.7 KB · Views: 12
Hi ,

Your question makes for interesting reading , but I am no closer to understanding what you want Excel to do.

Narayan

In my attached file, if name in column B, row x, is different from name in column B, row x+1, then highlight both names (if names are both male or both female. If names are one male and the other female, don't highlight). Also, if one name is Narrator and the other is any other name, male or female, then don't highlight.

Hi ,

What should happen when multiple row cells have the text Narrator in them , as is the case with the first 3 cells B2 , B3 and B4 ?

Narayan

Hi,

Then there's no need to highlight them. It's always the same voice. I'm only concerned when the name changes, because now there is a different character and I have to make sure he doesn't have the same voice as the previous character in the cell right before.

Hi,

I am testing it. When I apply to a different script it seems to give me some problems. Let me make some more tests and I'll let you know.
Thank you so much!

Back