• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Make combo box control accessible

Tom A

Hi,

I'm blind and using screen reading software. I was using Windows 7 but am about to move to Windows 10 and having some accessibility issues with my VBA
spreadsheet.

The user forms are accessible in Windows 7. However, in Windows 10, my screen reading software won't read the options in the combo boxes.

I had set the STYLE property of the combo boxes to "fmStyleDropDownList".
I've worked out that if I change the style to "0 drop down combo" then my screen reading software will read the contents of the combo boxes when I use
my arrow keys to navigate through the available options.

The issue I am now having is that I am no longer able to jump by first letter through the combo box like you can when the style property is set to "fmStyleDropDownList".
The combo boxe's match entry is set to first letter but that setting doesn't work when the style is set to drop down combo box rather than list box.

I'm looking for VBA code to detect the users key press and then jump to the first option in the combo box that starts with the input letter.

I'm loading the data for the combo boxes from various named ranges.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm thinking the following function or similar would have to be used to intercept the users key presses:

Code:
Private Sub m    ComboBox1_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger)

End Sub

Thanks

Back