• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro to save data from dropdown

IKHAN

Hi ,

Looking for macro for below queries

1. To hide rows in all named sheets ( jan ,feb,...dec,Total) with pop up user input message : Which row to hide?
2. To unhide all rows in all named sheets
3.To insert ROW in all named sheets with above formulas and formatting with pop up user input message : Insert after Row number ?
4. Any Change done in Column A row 5:20- Must make change in all named sheets in workbook.
5. Jan sheet has drop down on cell AG3 for Years , Data enetered for each year to be saved and retrieved for each year from drop down.

Thank you for assisting...Help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Sample file.xlsx
    157.7 KB · Views: 5
Hi:

Find the attached.

I have done 4 of your requests. I am not completely sure about your 5th point. I you can explain it a bit more I can try working on it.

Thanks

Attachments

• Sample file.xlsm
    166.2 KB · Views: 1
@Nebu

Thanks for the code ..If you can provide minor adjustments

1. Don't want to hide any rows from the last sheet"dropdownlist" sheet.
2. Require to just unhide all rows from all sheets - Your code asks for "enter the row number"
3. Insert row - SAME( Don't want to insert row in last sheet "Dropdownlist" sheet.
4. Where can i find code for entering text in column A, may have to use code on my original sheet.

5. Have uploaded file in my first post -Not sure if dropdownlist shows on cell AG3 for Years. To elaborate, I want to use same workbook for different years and should be able to look for employees previous year data .When i use dropdown from cell AG3 (Jan sheet) and select year 2016 and enter employee data in any column. for example emp 2 jan 10 (v 1.0) and save. and use dropdown again and change year 2017 (cell AG3). Data from 2016 jan 10 still shows on the page.

Hi:

I have re-coded as per above

Note:

The macro will only clear the previous data on changing the year, since you have a drop down instead of formula it is impossible to get the data back once it is cleared

Thanks

Attachments

• Sample file.xlsm
    164.9 KB · Views: 7
Thanks nebu.. The first 4 queries worked and what part of your code makes changes to cells in column A in all sheets

So what would be the formula to get back all data entered for each year?

Really appreciate your help....

Hi:

There is no need of a macro to make changes to cells in column A in all sheets, I have given cell reference to do the same. For getting back all data entered for each year, you will have to develop a logic and formula, with the current set up it is impossible to do what you are asking for.

Thanks

Back