• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro for applying vlookup in multiple sheets from multiple workbooks

Rajender

Hi All,

I have 1 master sheet in which I need to apply vlookup function in multiple sheets and from 3 different files(All files are located in same folder).

Below are the headings for which I am applying vlookup function :-

3G 'TRANS_TYPEIP to IP Swap StatusIntervention DateIP to IP commentIP Operation Status
1) Master file name: IP to IP swap Master File

2) File from which I need to apply lookup are :-

i) 3G_network_info : sheet name "3G_network_info" column reference : "U"

ii) IP to IP swap - followup file : sheet Name="Sheet1" Column reference : "AE" , "G", "AF"

iii) IP Operation : Sheet name ="3G Planning" Column reference : "I"

if anyone can suggest a VBA macro solution ?, currently every time I need to open the master file and applying the same vlookup function in multiple sheets from multiple workbooks.

I am attaching the sample file too.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=393CD98CEE2A349F!140&authkey=!AODnLDb1RVeliUs&ithint=file,xlsb

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions and feedback.

Regards,

Rajender

Hi:

Can you upload your master file and the files from where you want to fetch data here. I guess you can use ADODB connection and SQL to pull data without opening the files.

Thanks

Hi:

I have coded for Tab A & B, Couple of things before running the code.

The files where you are pulling data from , replace the tab name with space in between with underscores, No brackets or spaces for header columns as well replace it with underscores. In one file, one of the column did not have a heading , I have just named it as Dummy.Macro wont work without headers

Add in the reference library before running the code.
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.1 Library
Also save all the files in the same folder as the Master file.

Thanks

Attachments

• IP to IP SWAP Master File query.xlsb
    70.2 KB · Views: 6
Back