• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

lock the workbook

hoomantt

hi dear professors
i have a question
i apologize because my english is not good and i try to explane my need.
for example you think : i made a workbook excel for my company and i guess there will be my manager after i make this report file and done my work and give it to him this file he will tell me you should not come to work after this month and i loose my job (he is a very bad man) . i need a solution such as a vba code or ... to prevent this.
i think if there will be a code that if i did not make a value that it is in a protected vba code or a cell value in a very hidden sheet from for example 0 to 1 more than 30 days , this file expose and would not be open or work correctly or ...
i need a guaranty to help me to work until they respect me , and if i get fail from my position and my job, my made dashboards and files dont work.
Please Please Help me.
i am in a bad trouble
thanks alot

Are you saying you want to prevent everyone, including your boss, from viewing the macro code you have written ?

Are you saying you want to prevent everyone, including your boss, from viewing the macro code you have written ?
No!
i want my made files dont work if i my boss tell me i should not go to work from a day.
i want a code for example if i were not in office and made one cell value from 1 to 0 , my workbooks distribute and expose!
if they want my work and my files, they should pay me and dont fire me!
thanks

Using a password to access your workbook/s ... or placing a secret file somewhere on your computer that your workbook code first verifies ... both can be circumvented simply by studying your code. Excel is not secure and never has been. Anyone can look at the code with a little effort.

Now ... were you to place a small file on a memory stick ... and use that as something your workbook / s first verifies ... that might be a more secure method. If your employer doesn't have your memory stick with the file then they couldn't access your workbook /s.

Thoughts anyone ?

Back