• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

linking workbooks (paste link): #n/a randomly appearing

mhaenick

I am attempting to link multiple workbooks to a single source. utilizing the pastelink feature, most content pastes/updates successfully. Some cells display #n/a even though some adjoining cells in the same range do not have this issue. i am starting to feel like Chris farley in Tommy Boy when he pulls his hair out. please help!

mhaenick

Not a lot of detail supplied, but I would check that when you have a cell in say B10 which is linked to B1, 9 cells above it on another sheet or workbook. If you copy that link and paste it higher up than row 10 it won't be able to return a correct range.

Similar issue with Columns.

Thanks for the quick response. Happy to provide more detail. The source is a range of cells copied and pastelinked into the destination. The cell addresses are identical to the source. In the destination, some cells are locked while others are not. Also the worksheet is protected. This does not seem to have an impact on the results as some destination cells update when changes to the source are made and others do not - all having the same locked status. The destination cells indicating "#n/a" do update when the source is opened simultaneously and then return to n/a after saving and the source is closed.

Back