• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Line Charts: Formatting Markers

dan_l

Here's what I'm doing:

1. A simple line chart

2. A line series with no line, only the marker to indicate the low point.

Trouble is, the marker comes out with a pretty clear border. It seems to match the automatic line color, but when I monkey with that, it seems impossible to change. That border remains the default color of the series line.

Is there any way to change that?

Select the Chart

Select the Series (all points should be selected)

Right Click and Format Data Series

Adjust Marker Line Color and Marker Line Style to suit

Dan_L

When in trouble generally try Right Clicking on anything and look for a Format or Properties option.

9 out of 10 times that'll do the job.

when working with charts, ctrl+1 is your friend. Once you are on the format dialogs, you can select other objects in chart (like axis, gridlines etc.) while keeping the format box open. The format options instantly change to let you format the selected thing. This is a good time saver too...

Hui,

I was completely oblivious to it. I assumed that it had something to do with the line color, but the line was invisible, and I became so fixated on that---I missed the obvious. Thanks.

chandoo: hot tip. I'm making use of that immediately.

It's a pretty cool chart. And a real slick implementation. Maybe I'll use it.....during the next dashboard event.

Back