• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

large data in Excel2007 while export not retaining font properly

kanika

Hi All,

I am exporting data into an excel sheet ,which contains large amt of data. I gave the font as Arial 8. But for some rows upto line no. 47,data is shown in Arial 8 only but after rowno. 48 and after col AL,the data is getting shown in Calibri 11 which is default font in excel 2007. Think there is nothing to do with my code as some rows are taking the font format which i provided.

Please suggest asap....

Thanks,

Kanika.

I doubt it... you may have set Arial as default font in one machine and Calibri as default in another... Do one thing.

Select all the cells with data,set font to Arial 8pt. Now save and close workbook. Reopen.

we tried it already.but still no result.is there any limitation on size of excel formatting because for some rows it is displaying correct font ?

The cell formats are meant to be limited to available memory in Excel 2007 +

So unless you have 640KB of memory it shouldn't be a problem.

Is the file an XLSX, XLSB or XLSM ? If your saving it as an old XLS that could be an issue, but it shouldn't be.

there is no cnditional formatting in the sheet..

the size of the excel which has been exported is 198kb and it is xls file only.

and while opening the excel a dialouge box pops up displayin the error as "Some text formatting may have changed in this file because the maximum number of fonts was exceeded" ..

plzz help..

Have you tried opening in a newer version of Excel

change all fonts and save as a new version

Then save as an old version

Also try Open + Repair

Open & Repair, use the File Open command and use the little drop down to the side of the Open Button

We explicitly defined the font as Calibri in the code,now the excel sheet contains Calibri 11 everywhere. But the font color problem is not yet resolved :|

please help.........

Can you post the file somewhere as I've never seen this behavior ?

Back