• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Issue with log in desconnection

SirJB7

Excel Rōnin
Hi!

Something that happens more frequently each time and for which I have no clue, so any thoughts will be appreciated.

I normally use Firefox & Chrome as browsers, and at loading time I start with all previous opened web pages (8 in FF and 6 in Chrome) being FF the default one. I use the three versions of FF (Firefox 13.0, Aurora 14.0 and 64bit Nightly 16.0), and with all of them I have the same issue.

I have chandoo.org/forums as one of the always opened sites and in some machines I use the "Remember me" option.

The issue? Suddendly I get disconnected from the site and when I try to log in again the username and password fields get blank and I cannot login any more until ... who knows! But if I go to Chrome or even IE (sorry, I promise not doing again!) immediately or later, I can log in correctly. I tried initiating a new copy of Firefox with the same result. I tried deleting the cache & history from FF and restarting it, too.

The solution? Despite of using another browser in the meanwhile, just wait & see when chandoo's website lets me login again from FF. Sometimes one hour, others just minutes...

Anyone with a similar issue?

Regards!

PS: needless to say that this is absolutely random and not related to any other application running on the machine, and it happens to me with every PC I use, with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate in desktop and notebook, with Windows Vista in other PC's...

PS2:

Last occurrence, today 15:50 GMT-3, before answering this to fred: http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/excel-password#post-27849

Allowed again, ...?

Just curious, why the use of so many browsers? Debugging/testing purposes? Personally, I just use Chrome with the IE viewer extension.

Possible (random) thoughts:

Somehow, system thinks you have multiple logins

Firefox security is blocking "something"

Hi, Luke M!

Allowed again, today 16:39 GMT-3: 50 minutes.

IE, abandoned at 6.0, many years ago. The only positive feature that I miss is the 64bit version.

Firefox since then as main browser. When found Nightly, I adopted it immediately... and as it's available only in English I still use Firefox, which besides the language has much more add-ins available. Aurora just for testing the next Firefox version, just because my curiosity.

Chrome is the fastest but not lightest and does not work with my home banking and other sites I visit that are prepared for IE & FF only.

Why 2 open with so many tabs always? It's what I use as a starting point... now I have 11 tabs in FF and 8 in Chrome. Sometimes it's easy to check two same webmail service accounts at same time without having to configure Outlook or another mail client.

About your thoughts,

a) now I'm logged twice in the same Windows session, the previous from Chrome and the newly allowed again from Firefox, so I discard that... I usualy use this technique when I perform searchs within the site and I want to have two windows simultaneously displayed (24" at 1920*1200, so enough place)

b) I never change FF security except after a new installation, as what happened this week when 13.0 version didn't get updated and I was directed to reinstall

c) today, for example, I was doing nothing with the desktop machine, I was using a notebook and accessing another router and internet connection... simply when I came back after let's say 10 minutes, I read fred post, tried to answer... and discover I was disconnected.

Annoying, isn't it?

Regards!

Hi, Luke M!

Here's a post from the other browser, Chrome, still dual connected.

Regards!

Back