• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Issue when you open a Microsoft Excel file

quarterdeck

There was a problem opening a Microsoft Excel file.
The text is as follows:
Cannot open file " file name.xlsx " because the format or extension of this file is invalid. Make sure that the file is not damaged and that the file name extension matches its format.
That's what I tried.:
1) Find the AutoSave of a document in Office\Recent files.
2) Change the extension to zip and rar, then wanted to unzip and save again. NEVER COME OUT! The format changes, but does not unzip.
3) Tried different programs: EasyRecovery, GetBackDataNTFS, R-Studio, OpenOffice, OfficeFIX. The file cannot be opened.
What's more, I can't copy it and move it.
The file is located on the flash drive.
The file is very important for work!!Help!

Hi ,

Probably if you upload the most recently saved copy of the file , others in this forum can try their hand at recovering the data.

Narayan

It's probably because the file in question has two suffixes, perhaps like this:

test_file.xls.xlsx

Rename the file as test_file.xls

Now it should open.

There was a problem opening a Microsoft Excel file.
The text is as follows:
Cannot open file " file name.xlsx " because the format or extension of this file is invalid. Make sure that the file is not damaged and that the file name extension matches its format.
That's what I tried.:
1) Find the AutoSave of a document in Office\Recent files.
2) Change the extension to zip and rar, then wanted to unzip and save again. NEVER COME OUT! The format changes, but does not unzip.
3) Tried different programs: EasyRecovery, GetBackDataNTFS, R-Studio, OpenOffice, OfficeFIX. The file cannot be opened.
What's more, I can't copy it and move it.
The file is located on the flash drive.
The file is very important for work!!Help!
good day !! faced recently with a similar problem, the fastest way to solve this problem was microsoft excel file repair

Back