• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Is excel can link to everyone for upate data?

jiajia97

Hi,

I would like to ask is excel available to automatically update in all users's same workbook in their computer when users update the data in excel from their own computer? I wish i can make the excel file like googgle sheets that users can update data at the simultaneous time. I hope someone can assist me on this matter. Thank you.

Hi ,

I am not sure I have understood your correctly.

If you have a workbook called say Test.xlsx , on your computer , and if one other person has a copy of this same workbook on their computer , then these two workbooks are independent , and changes made in any one copy will not reflect in the other.

If on the other hand , you have your computer networked with other people's computers , and there is only one copy of the workbook Test.xlsx , on any one computer , and everyone on the network accesses only this one copy , then changes made by anyone to this one copy will be available to anyone else on the network who accesses Test.xlsx over the network.

Google Sheets is available over the Internet on a browser , and if you give access to others to a workbook which you have created , then as long as they access the workbook over the Internet using the link you have provided , everyone will have access to the one workbook which you have created. But if anyone downloads the workbook to their computer and makes changes to it , then those changes will not necessarily reflect in the copy which you created.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Yes. The second condition you mentioned about is my question. Based on your explanation, may I ask how can make sure everyone on the network asseses only ine copy?

Hi ,

If all the computers are on a network , then anyone can access the file , just as if it were on their computer. What is the problem ?

Narayan

Back