• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Index Match help

MCMXD

Guys I need some help with a complex problem

I have a roster and I wish to formulaically find a name and return iteratively the seven work days (across in columns) then find the name again in the next week (further down the rows) and return the next seven days. With the result being a single column list of all shifts

Proving very difficult. What a horrible way to display data

Please and thankyou for any advice you can share it will be HUGELY helpful

This look like a homework assignment of you.

However, this is a way how to reach your target.

1. Set up a Database format Lookup table include Look up range (name of employee) and the Result range (time).

2. Set up a Database format Criteria and Expected output, of which in single criteria form or table form.

Hope that help.

Good luck.

I'm trying to turn an awful work roster into a file I can import into google calendar!

LOOKUP can only return one column. I Want it to return 7 (Monday through Sunday on separate rows) before moving down to the next week and doing so again.

Last edited:
I'm trying to turn an awful work roster into a file I can import into google calendar!

LOOKUP can only return one column. I Want it to return 7 (Monday through Sunday on separate rows) before moving down to the next week and doing so again.
Please Google and look into Vlookup or Index+Match function for your case, which are the LOOKUP family.

Remark: LOOKUP family has, Lookup, Vlookup, Hlookup, Index+Match, Offset, Indirect+Match and the newest Xlookup for Excel 2021 and office365.

Regards

Back