• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Index & match Function

navigarg

Hi All.

I have one .csv file of 30MB which contains approx 30,000 rows. I want to use Index & Match function in same, but excel denies the same and returns error "Excel has insufficient resources". If I break down file into 1000 rows it works fine.

Is there any way by which I can work with 30000 rows..............

Please help

Hi Garg ,

How is this .csv file being generated ?

Does it consist of only one column or does it have several columns ?

Do you need to use all these columns or is your interest only in some ? If it is only some , can you not ensure that the .csv file is created with only these few columns of data in it ?

The issue is not one of Excel managing with 30000 rows ; the point is do you always need to work with a 30 MB file ?

Narayan

Hi, navigarg!
Would you please tell us your PC specs and the environment conditions? OS, bits, Excel version, other tasks running, free memory and %CPU used before loading that Excel file and after. Thanks.
Regards!

Hi Garg ,

How is this .csv file being generated ?

Does it consist of only one column or does it have several columns ?

Do you need to use all these columns or is your interest only in some ? If it is only some , can you not ensure that the .csv file is created with only these few columns of data in it ?

The issue is not one of Excel managing with 30000 rows ; the point is do you always need to work with a 30 MB file ?

Narayan
Hi Narayan,

The .csv file is generated through software named Navision (for sales store)

It has approx. 26 columns

Ya its true that I don't need all the columns but I don't have option to download the columns with few field.

Ya its true that I always have to work with 30MB file as it contains sales data for single day.

Hi, navigarg!
Would you please tell us your PC specs and the environment conditions? OS, bits, Excel version, other tasks running, free memory and %CPU used before loading that Excel file and after. Thanks.
Regards!

It's my office PC, specifications - Pentium -4 Dual Core Processor, Windows 2009, Excel 2010. Generally I close all the application or file while working with this excel file

Hi Navifarg,

Have faced the issue before.

Open the file and save as .xlsb format. Try putting the match index. Note: You will have to close the file after saving it in .xlsb and reopen it for the changes to occur.

Just a thought. It might work.

Hi, navigarg!
RAM? If not much, less than 2 or 3Gb, you'd be in trouble, I guess.
Regards!

Back