• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Index/match employee information

Hi Chandoo Experts,
On my payroll project, I am trying to use the index/match function to display the summary of each category for each employee on the employee dashboard. I have used the index/match/match to look up my name with the three dates that are associated with it. That seems to work, but I am not sure how to do it for the other names. Keeps on saying na. Granted, I have only used my name and part of Mallory's name for the date of 10/10/2019 on the employee summary. If you could take a look at it and notice anything that I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help as always. Joe, Michigan. P.S. Let me know if you need any more information regarding on what I am trying to do.

Attachments

• Payrole2.xlsx
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

See the attached file.

Your data layout makes it very inconvenient to retrieve information.

Narayan

Attachments

• Book2 (3).xlsx
    26 KB · Views: 9
Hi Narayank991

Thank you for responding to my dilemma. If I can ask you another question how should I set up my data? Do you think it would be better to have all the dates, names, category, and results (employee summary) all in one instead of separating the individual names?

Hi ,

Yes. All of the transaction data should be in one range , with the employee name / ID , the date , the times.

The master data can be in a separate table.

Narayan

Hi Narayank991,
I put the all transaction data in one range, but what should be the formula used now? I can't seem to get the data to pop up on the other names. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Payroll3.xlsx
    31.1 KB · Views: 2
Back