• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

IMPORTANT - Forum Registration Disabled [for next 10 days]

keymaster

Hi all,

For several months now, we have been attacked by spambots which register and post spam on the forums. Just now I got an email from our hosting providers raising serious concern about this. As a preventive measure, I am disabling new registrations on the forum. This means, if you are new, you cannot join our forum. Existing users can post questions and answer them.

This is a drastic measure, but needed badly to prevent onslaught of spam and focus on preventing it.

Thanks for understanding.

Good day Chandoo

I do believe it would be of benefit to limit posting tags to those who have been members for a set period of time, say 12 months, or limit to those who have posted 200+ posts, there are more and more "tag" spam posts and it is done by those with few posts as when found there profile is deleted. The real members of the forum could tags posts as they read them so new members would still have tags applied to their post.It would all so stop Excel Newbies form tagging posts with meaningless tags such as hello, help, urgent ect.ect.

And I have just deleted four spam from this post, annaAiqo, kellyeim, coolrjex, jakeocwj

Back