• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

IFERROR formula not working

jassybun

I have this formula and now that I am changing from PROPER(RIGHT(X25,LEN(X25)-10)) part to just PROPER(X25), it doesn't work

old formula that works:

=IFERROR(CHAR(149)&" "&IF(J25<>$J$13,TEXT(J25,"m/d/yy")&" ","")&PROPER(RIGHT(X25,LEN(X25)-10))&" - "&O25&" - "&PROPER(N25), "")

new formula that doesn't work:

=IFERROR(CHAR(149)&" "&IF(J25<>$J$13,TEXT(J25,"m/d/yy")&" ","")&PROPER(X25)&" - "&O25&" - "&PROPER(N25), "")

They both work?
upload_2019-3-18_8-40-14.png

But they give different results as the formulas are different

PROPER(RIGHT(X25,LEN(X25)-10)) is not the same as PROPER(X25) ?

I am attaching an example file hope it makes sense. I cleaned the data, the real file is more complicated than what I am showing, but I narrowed it down to that formula changing and the same issue comes up even with when I cleaned the data, it isn't what is appearing that is the issue - it is the extra dots you see in example 2 that is the issue.

Attachments

• help2.xlsm
    52 KB · Views: 8
I would change Example 2: C28: to =IF(M25<>"",CHAR(149)&" "&IF(J25<>$J$13,TEXT(J25,"m/d/yy")&" ","")&PROPER(M25),"")
Copy down

The first formula works because RIGHT(M27,LEN(M27)-6) fails when the cell is blank forcing the error. ie: You can get the negative x characters from a string
But that is very poor programing

Back