• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I want to visualize the operating status of machines

chaitanyaa

I want to view the operating status of machines in a line with Power BI.
There are measurement points (A to H points) within the line on the circumference, and the transit time can be acquired.
I want to visualize if the line is stalled, using the time acquired at the measurement point.
In the image of the graph, the vertical axis is the measurement points (A to H points) on the line, and the horizontal axis is the time (hours, minutes, seconds).
What kind of chart should I use, what kind of data and tables should I create?

Try this:

This sort of visualisation (Position in Y time in X) is quite old and has been used for a while for train timetables. It should work well for you for progression through a production line.

How Double Vertex graphs work: www. railway-technical .com/operations/working-timetable.html

A complex German Train timetable from 1889: upload. wikimedia .org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Grafischer_Fahrplan_1899.jpg

Article by Edward Tuft on how to do it correctly: www. edwardtufte .com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0003zP

Are you looking for help with Power BI, or with creating Chart Widgets in Excel?
If you're looking for Power BI help, you may want to post in their Community instead (click here).
If you're looking to map data using an Excel Chart Widget, it would be helpful to see screen captures of your sheet where you are pulling the information from, as well as a potential mock-up of the chart you're looking to create.
Thanks

Hi,

I recommendation is this you can use a Line Chart in Power BI to visualize the operating status of the machines. Configure it as follows:

Place the Measurement Points (A to H) on the vertical axis (Y-axis).

Place the Timestamp on the horizontal axis (X-axis). You can format it to display hours, minutes, and seconds.

Use the Transit Time data to define the data series or values.

Apply conditional formatting or color scales to represent the status of the line. For example, you can color the data points differently based on specific criteria like exceeding a predefined time threshold or showing an anomaly.

Thanks

Back