• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I can't resolve this summary of sales forecast. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danluk12

Hi,
I have a problem solving this task. Please help!
Nothing is clear to me. If anyone can do this task and explain to me what you did. Thanks, in advance!

Create a summary of sales forecast for years 1-5, using the data below

Attachments

• Rev Forecast 0.1 (1) (2).xlsx
    58.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
If it is not clear to you, how do you expect it can be clear for us? Because we are clairvoyant?
Sounds like asking someone to do your homework to be honest.
We are here to help, given you have done some effort and given you can explain what you try to do. Creating a summary table is as common as they come. Anything more specific?

Yes, it is my homework, but I don't understand it. The text says this " Create a summary of sales forecast for years 1-5, using the data below". The text of the task is unclear to me and, in my opinion, insufficient data. Nobody has to solve it, but at least explain to me what I should do or refer to a link or something else. Since I have never done that with so many tables and so much data.That's why I asked for help.

Last edited:
danluk12
What data would You expect to get?
... based Your the 1st sentence.
There could be a lot of data ... but ...
#1 You should collect summary of sales
#2 You should forecast ... possible next years summary of sales
Here one sample ... Export Summary-sheet F8:H14

Attachments

• Rev Forecast 0.1 (1) (2).xlsx
    71.3 KB · Views: 3
Yes, it is my homework, but I don't understand it. The text says this " Create a summary of sales forecast for years 1-5, using the data below". The text of the task is unclear to me and, in my opinion, insufficient data. Nobody has to solve it, but at least explain to me what I should do or refer to a link or something else. Since I have never done that with so many tables and so much data.That's why I asked for help.
Then maybe you can ask your professor to clarify the assignment. We can't do that.
A tip could be to look at the totals (the lines in bold) per year. See if you detect trends.
Ask some questions like: "At which point it is profitable?"

I will listen to your advice and ask him what exactly he wants to calculate and what you two wrote. Thank you very much! I thought I was very stupid and didn't understand anything. Thanks again! :DD

@danluk12

In the future, please remember to include links to the other forums/threads where you have posted the same question. That is known as cross-posting, and while allowed, most forums (including this one) frown against not including links.

OK. Please accept my apology, I didn't know about that rule. The same mistake will not be repeated. Thanks.

Cross posted on at least two other sites... So you didn't bother to read their rules either?
Yes, I haven't read the rules on any forum. To explain not to be something vague. I understand that all forums have their own rules, and that those rules can be both smart and stupid. Now I didn't dedicate time to that part because I didn't have time, I needed an answer urgently. And I have already apologized and said that it will not happen again.
And let me ask you, when you buy tiles for your house or car or contract a house renovation, you only go to one seller or contractor or visit several of them and buy or do business only with the one that suits you best? Do you even then say you know I was at this or that and there I asked this and that? Or maybe you even say you know on that link or site I looked at the offers and it has nothing to do with that store or the contractor you are talking to. Any normal person would not do that because he knows that this is not the way to do business. Rather, you choose what suits you best. But to summarize.
I said I hadn't read the rules and that I would read them and take care of the rules next time. Is everything clear now? I think that I have explained everything and that you should not be so rigorous and unpleasant towards new members and that you should instruct them nicely on mistakes. Everyone doesn't know everything and everyone doesn't understand everything. I also don’t think I should be shot for it.

Thanks again to all the people who worked hard to solve my problem and point me to my mistakes.

danluk12
with #10 reply You danluk12 wrote Ok. Thanks. I'll do that. ... and what have You done?
You wrote
I needed an answer urgently ... then You should do something.
Didn't I give one sample for You? Did it work?
Didn't one other give You a hint to ask more details from
your professor?
What have You done few days?
As this is a homework ...
Did someone teach that case, that You should know, how to solve it?

Do someone test now, did someone teach well? ... if someone has done so, then You should know what to do?
About rules ... You'll notice that everywhere are rules ... for You too.

Yes, of course, two members gave me advice and a possible solution. I said that I would listen to their advice and ask the professor. Of course I thanked them for that. The only thing is that I did not give feedback on what happened after that conversation with the professor. Of course the rules exist for everyone, even for me. But this time I skipped them. And no one complains about the warning. If I could solve the task on my own, I would certainly do so. I looked at all sorts of explanations and examples but nothing was clear to me.
As for the task, I was with the professor and asked him a couple of questions similar and the same
as they gave me here and on other forums. The task was a trick question to see how much we learned and whether we listen to his explanations and instructions as well as how much we mastered the material. And please we don't have to make a debate and an argument out of one question and warning about a mistake. That's stupid. We all understood the point of functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back