• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to use LOOKUP Formula for returning values stored in another Worksheet

Shivani Gupta

Hello, I am a teacher, I give remarks to my students based on their scores. I have defined ranges of scores as 0-10, 11-20, 21-30 and so on. If for example, the student scores between 0 to 10 marks, say 9 marks, the remark "Perforrmance is poor" is displayed and so on.

I used the Lookup formula: =LOOKUP(B12,{0,10,11,15,16,20,21,30},{"Perforrmance is poor","Perforrmance is poor","Performance is not up to the mark","Performance is not up to the mark",Performance is simply average","Performance is simply average","Performance is fairly good","Performance is fairly good"}). This is working fine. I have copied this formula to all the sheets. But I have 50 students and 50 different sheets for them. I want to store the remarks in a different worksheet and the remarks should be returned from that sheet instead of specifying them in the formula. So that if I have to change a remark, I dont have to do it in every sheet. Please let me know how I can do this.

Hi Shivani,

Welcome to Chandoo_Org.

Please try below formula that you can copy to different sheets as per your need.

=LOOKUP(B12,{0,10,11,15,16,20,21,30},INDIRECT("Sheet4!C2:J2"))

Here I have put the remarks in Sheet4, from C2 to J2

You need to change sheet name and range as per your datasheet.

Put your remarks in row only in your sheet.

Try the above and let me know if its working fine for you.

Thanks & REgards,

Anupam Tiwari

Back