• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to round off the decimal values without Round()function

VDS

@Dear All,

While downloading data, I received date with contains more than two decimals. Sample file attached. Here the rounding can be done with Round() function and copy + paste value. However, no of columns are larger and once separate column is inserted the whole formula gets affected. My query is how to use the Round(A1,0) function within the cell itself where is cell No and 0 is number no of decimals. Pressing Control + 1 and Custom format will do the same. but in the backend there is no change in decimal points. Sheet 3 is the main data where multiple colmumns with values.

Help is requested.

VDS

Hi VDS,

You mentioned "date" in your post, but there are no dates in your file.

Secondly, your Sheet3 has only headers.

3. Kindly explain where you want to apply formula and get values?

Regards,

File is inserted
Hi VDS,

Please let me know if below mentioned steps work :-

1) change the format of the data to general for which you want to change and select the columns in which changes needed.
2) Press Control+H
3) Type .* in find what
4) replace with field leave blank and click on replace all.

Please let me know if its work.

Regards,
Rajender

Reactions: VDS
@Somendra,

I have nowhere written dates. The main idea was to show no of columns. Query is sorted out. Thanks too.

VDS

I like the way.. Rajendar solved it.. :)

Just beware.. if you downloaded date / data doesn't contain any "." in a text section.. like.. Chandoo_Org..

It will remove the .Org Section too.

Pressing Control + 1 and Custom format will do the same. but in the backend there is no change in decimal points
After coverting Number Format..
Copy all data to NOTEPAD.. and then from Notepad.. Copy and Paste again in Excel as Special Text..

@Dear All,

Sorry for the inconvenience. It was suppose to be "Data" and not "Date". Error is regretted.

VDS

Back