• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to keep only one slice visible, in a 11-slice pie chart.

In sheet #1 i have a pie-chart that contain 11 slices, each slice representing one of 11 products.
Each slice has a unique colour and tells what percentage each product contributes toward overall sales. The sheet is password-protected.

Sheets # 2 thru' 12 are named after each product.
For instance, sheet #2 is named Product_A, with 20% in overall sales.....

When the Sales Manager for Product A wants to know his current sales status, sheet #2 must display only the 'sales-slice' of his product - Product A. The other 10 slices in the pie-chart must be 'invisible'.
The same rules apply for the other 10 products in the other 10 sheets.
I hope there is clarity in my explanation, and thank you.

Hi James,

You can copy the Pie-Chart on the Sheet #1 to all the other sheets (2 to 12). This will hold the reference to the same data source, so change in data will change the charts in all the sheets.

To make the slices invisible except one slice on each sheet, follow the below steps.

On sheet#2
1) Select the slice you want to keep visible (eg. Product_A). Two clicks on the slice will select that individual datapoint. 1st click selects all the dataseries and the next selects only that slice.
2) Right Click -> Format Data point -> Border Color -> Choose Solid line -> close
3) Select all slices -> Right click -> Format Dataseries -> Fill -> No Fill -> Close. This displays only the required slice with borders.
4) Select the visible slice. Right Click -> Format Data point -> Fill -> Solid Fill -> Close. This shows only the required slice.

Repeat the same in all the sheets for the required slices. Change in data will change the slices in all the sheets.

Try and let me know, if this is what you are aiming at.

I am very grateful to Lohith & Narayan for their valuable time & solutions.
Now, i would like to take my question to a new level......if that's okay.

The moment i click the worksheet named Product_A, this worksheet selection must then trigger the opening of worksheet #1 (the master worksheet), and then select the matching product slice from the pie-chart, and place the slice in the active product sheet........(Product_A).
So, for the product/sales manager its: What you see is what you get.
I hope the above has question-clarity.
Btw....the master chart in worksheet #1 is always changing based on sales data coming in.

H James,

The steps I mentioned in the previous post very much does the same job as what you are trying to do. The chart you copied to all the worksheet will hold the source to the same data as the master worksheet. If the chart in the Master worksheet changes, then the slices on all the sheets (2 to 12) will change. So, it will be a real time slice appearance if the data changes. Try the steps I mentioned and change the data to see how it appears on all the sheets.

Is that what you are trying to achieve or did I missed out to understand the logic?

Back