• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to get data from one sheet to another?

Dhanushr

Hello every one!

My name is Dhanush and this is my 1st post.

I’m working on a project and have come to a standstill! Please help me. I’m working on purchase and issue of materials for a construction company and this is what I want,

1. when I insert a particular value [e.g. 1] in particular cell [e.g. K7] in Sheet1, I want the entire data in that row [Sheet 1, row7] to automatically appear in a particular row in Sheet 2 and again when the same value is used again in another cell [same column different row] of sheet 1, that data should come in the next row of sheet 2. Now is this possible??

2. in sheet 1 I will be entering lots of materials as they come and when they are issued. That is the same item will be repeated a lot. So in sheet 3 I want all the items in sheet 1 to appear only once its totals in the next column is that possible? Please help

Dhanushr,

Do you just want synchronized worksheets? Post a sample workbook so you can be better helped.

You can type "=sheet1!K7" in K7 of sheet2 and this will liveupdate whenever sheet1's K7 is changed. You can then use autofill to apply this to the necessary cells. This is probably not the best method, however.

IF formula works with the following criteria:

Code:
if(logical test,value_if_true,value_if_false)

So an example might be IF(A1>5,">5","<=5")

So when A1 is 5 or below, "<=5" would appear in cell with IF formula

When A1 is 6 or more, ">5" would appear in cell with IF formula (without quotes).

Provide a better explanation of what you want accomplished with an actual excel workbook and you will be receive better help.

"Jeffrey Lebowski".

Thank you for your time. Please check the above link. that is my work![what i have accomplished so far! It's not perfect] The idea is to input data only in sheet 2 [Dhanush] & get results in all other sheets. I want to lock other sheets , so others can only see the data but cannot edit it.

The Idea is When i put 2 in K6 of sheet 1 [Dhanush] I want that whole row to appear in Sheet 4 [Apt 2] But if I had put 1 in K6 then the data should appear in Sheet 3 [Apt 1]

Back