• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to get a cell to flash.

If you followed the instructions in the link you will find that the code there is enough and if you want to apply to several cells on different sheets, all you have to do is to apply "Flashing" style

If you followed the instructions in the link you will find that the code there is enough and if you want to apply to several cells on different sheets, all you have to do is to apply "Flashing" style
Thank you. I'll work on it. Do you believe that is the best method for this situation?

Yes I think so as you don't have to specify the cells in the code. Just format the cells with the predefined style

It's more than just style. It's also cell contents. I have a Workbook with multiple tabs. What I'm looking to accomplish is whenever a red Unicode U+221A i.e. (square root symbol) appears in Column K (K3:K5003) of any of the tabs (worksheets of the workbook), the cell containing the , will flash. I don't believe the style solution will work?

Thank you, vletm.

"A VBA Private Sub can only be called from anywhere in the Module in which it resides. A Public Sub in the objects, ThisWorkbook, ThisDocument, Sheet1, etc. cannot be called from anywhere in a project."

It seems like a Public Sub should be able to be called from anywhere in a project...just the opposite of what the link said, but I'll take it as the truth.

Eloise T
I didn't write that link ... neither read.
You should test how do those work,
that's only way for You to find out/see
how those really work!
ps. I won't use term/word 'Call' in front of any Sub.

Eloise T
I didn't write that link ... neither read.
You should test how do those work,
that's only way for You to find out/see
how those really work!
ps. I won't use term/word 'Call' in front of any Sub.
I have been studying this link also:

https://excelribbon.tips.net/T007223_Flashing_Cells.html?dn=3&awt_m=JddvzkBQkMQF4X&awt_l=CYlhP

I assume this is the formatting solution you were recommending?

It says it works for 2007, 2010, and 2013, but doesn't mention 2016. I'm hoping 2016 works the same way but so far, no luck in getting it configured to work.

Back