• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to find the average of a data set without manually inputting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjaminLucas

Hi everyone,
As part of a project, I'm looking to find the average from a data set on another sheet, but only between specific rows. The rows on the data set are already laid out in two columns (highlighted below). This wouldn't normally be a problem, but I have to do it for 100s of rows.
I was hoping to see if there is anyway I can automate this process so I am not having to manually type in the range that I want to cover, as I have been doing so far. (I have been deleting the numerical value in front of the 'C' and replacing it with the values that correspond to each row).
Any help would be really appreciated!!

Hi everyone,
As part of a project, I'm looking to find the average from a data set on another sheet, but only between specific rows. The rows on the data set are already laid out in two columns (highlighted below). This wouldn't normally be a problem, but I have to do it for 100s of rows.
I was hoping to see if there is anyway I can automate this process so I am not having to manually type in the range that I want to cover, as I have been doing so far. omegle discord xender (I have been deleting the numerical value in front of the 'C' and replacing it with the values that correspond to each row).
Any help would be really appreciated!!
thankyou my issue has been solved

BenjaminLucas
You should give Your solution here too.

As You seems to used Cross-posting
You also should reread Forum
as well as

You should be able to use the offset function. Something like AVERAGE(Offset(“starting point”, column a value,0):eek:ffset(“starting point”, column b value,0))

You need to pick a starting point(a cell) to start your offset from. Since you have the "from row" and "to row" values in columns A and B, you would want to start with row 1. In the example image, I can see the formula for column U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back