• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to extract data from website using macros?

sreekhosh

In on of my website there is no option to export the data into excel. I can only see a preview of it in ma website itself. Is it possible to export the data into excel using Macros?

I've been thinking about this myself, it seems to me that it must be possible, but without seeing the code (php/html/both) for the website I doubt it can be done - there are way too many ways of creating a table across these to give you a general case.

Hi George,

After a long web-search I got one solution with the help of one software "IMacros". But it seems very different than VBA. (i cant understand which language they were used in it. Actually I don't have any software background. ) We can easy to record MACROS like our Ms-Excel.

Please see the link below for IMacros:

http://www.iopus.com/download/imacros/

Thanks

Sreekhosh

Hi Sreekhosh,

Once I done something like what you are asking..

Please check the below topic.

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/pull-a-web-page-link-from-website

If you provide some detail of requirement then we can think something better.. :)

Regards,

Deb

Thanks Deb,

did you try ''Imacros'' ever before ? I think it is more simple and user frndly . pls try it and suggest. Is that better for extracting data from websites?

Sreekhosh

Hi !   I also did a financial rates import in Excel by using an easy QueryTable (see VBA Help) :

just one line in VBA to Refresh (see VBA Help) it and few others to extract wanted data !

But it depends on tables on the webpage itself ...

So as Deb, a link for your webpage and infos for data to extract will be welcome !

Regards,

Marc

Sreekhosh

As others have said above there are a number of techniques for posting data on website and they all require different approached to retrieving the data from them.

Sharing the specific web site with us will allow us to give more directed help!

Sorry for the inconvenience it is actually my companies back office website. All the data's are very confidential. so I cannot provide it.

Sorry for the inconvenience it is actually my companies back office website. All the data's are very confidential. so I cannot provide it.

Back