• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to enter value in a cell from Right to Left direction

vishal1979

Hello those who are far more superior than me, I hope you and your family are safe at home.

If you are able to help provide a solution to my problem, I will be forever grateful!

How to enter value in a cell from Right to Left direction. It is simple addition but I need to enter value first tens and then hundred and so on. Like addition using pen or paper.

I have attached excel sheet along with this post.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

kind regards and take care,

Vishal

Attachments

• Problem.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 5
Dear sir,
thank you for your great help. i have created addition sheet for my son in which i need this .
now i add this code to my main sheet.
thank you again.
vishal

Dear Sir,
Thank you again for your support. i have attached my sheet. your given code is good but i m not good in excel so that i can not add this to my sheet.
if you have time then please see my sheet. i have copy so many codes from net to create this.
when you change range and click on new assignment then the sheet will create new fresh addition sheet.
Please see my sheet.
thank you in advance
vishal

Attachments

• Addition Practice V 2.0.xlsm
    35.4 KB · Views: 1
vishal1979
For my eyes
... it works as You've asked
... if You write anywhere number then it will show it as 'a mirror'.
What was You challenge with 'to add' that to Your sheet?

...hmm? Would You man those upper figures - left 'wrong' and 'right' correct? ... or what?
Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 20.20.53.pngScreenshot 2020-06-16 at 20.21.29.png
... if someone would write wrong value to gray cell then ... red
... otherwise, if someone would write correct value ... then ... green ... or how?
> for my eyes - that sheet should protect.

sir,
see this when u add 50+40=90 (first put 0 and the 9), but result 9 because of mirror. and 98+82=180 (we first put 0 and then 180 but due to mirror result 81and 0 missiong)
this sheet is unprotected now

Attachments

35.4 KB · Views: 0
vishal1979
Now, I got You ...
A challenge was that Excel with Your file setting decides that 'no matter of leading zeros' ~ numbers.
Here one solution to do this.
Those 'gray'-cells has to be 'text' ( I did that )
> Protection-case ... Your previous file was unprotect already - not safe because there are formulas - someone would do mistake...

Attachments

33.8 KB · Views: 3
sir, please see below picture, when i add 48+98=416 but result 416. please see this mirror is working (example 8+8=16 then i put 6 carry 1 ok then i add 4+9=13+1 carry gives 14, so i put 14. result must be 146 but it change to 416....

you can change the range C6 and E6 to see different examples
thank you for your kind support.

vishal1979
...hmm?
You wrote a long sentence which has ... something works ... something ... not?
I only figure if change 'live' those C6 or E6 cell values - - of course, given results won't match any more with previous C6&E6-values given tasks.
Write clear - what should modify?
Do not mess both cases in same sentence!
Test this ...

Attachments

36.5 KB · Views: 1
sir, please see below picture, when i add 48+98=416 but result 416. please see this mirror is working (example 8+8=16 then i put 6 carry 1 ok then i add 4+9=13+1 carry gives 14, so i put 14. result must be 146 but it change to 416....

you can change the range C6 and E6 to see different examples
thank you for your kind support.
View attachment 69090
sir see 48+98=?

Sir,
when i add 2+2=4 its working good, what about 9+9=81
when i try to add 5+5=01
and
try to add 48+98=416 but correct result is 146

sir i only suggest u to change the range so that u can get so many addition examples.
thanku for your help
vishal

vishal1979
Please ... use Capital letters in the begin on sentence as well as dot in the end of sentence.
I find that some of those 'result' cells background color was not as it should be.
I checked that if write 123 to each of 'result' cells then output is 321.

Attachments

36.1 KB · Views: 4
Back