• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to convert a financial statement which is in pdf need to convert to Excel?

Dear All,

I have a pdf file which contains the Balance Sheet and Profit and loos account of a particular company. To bring this contents in excel all this years i have been doing copy and paste to bring this financial contents into excel to make same like the pdf file. Can any experts in this forum can simply my task by bringing this PDF contents into an excel sheet. The Balance sheet should be in one Excel Sheet and Profit & Loss account in another excel sheet. Hope this is doable using VBA.

Do some experts help me and simply my task at the earliest. I'm attaching the PDF file here ok

Regards
Sonjoe

Attachments

• GAEL CAR 2020-21-pages-136-137.pdf
    216.4 KB · Views: 3
This PDF in Excel.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

• GAEL CAR 2020-21-pages-136-137.xlsx
    18.4 KB · Views: 14
The grabbing of data from pdf files is very, very, hit and miss.
So the attached probably won't work well for all pdf files although it doesn't seem too bad for the one you supplied.
There's a Control sheet where:
  • in cell A1 there's the name and path to the pdf file which is needed for the query to work. You can enter the data into that cell manually or:
  • use the button on that sheet to let you pick that file easily, update cell A1 and refresh…
the Power Query tables that are on Sheet1 and Sheet2.

Now it's down to you to copy these tables and paste VALUES to another location because each time you refresh the tables they will be overwritten with new data.. You can refresh any table by right-clicking the table and choosing Refresh, or you can click the Refresh All button on the Queries & Conections section of the Data tab of the ribbon to refresh all tables, or, of course click the button again to choose the pdf file and refresh automatically.

Attachments

• Chandoo48234.xlsm
    36.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The grabbing of data from pdf files is very, very, hit and miss.
So the attached probably won't work well for all pdf files although it doesn't seem too bad for the one you supplied.
There's a Control sheet where:
  • in cell A1 there's the name and path to the pdf file which is needed for the query to work. You can enter the data into that cell manually or:
  • use the button on that sheet to let you pick that file easily, update cell A1 and refresh…
the Power Query tables that are on Sheet1 and Sheet2.

Now it's down to you to copy these tables and paste VALUES to another location because each time you refresh the tables they will be overwritten with new data.. You can refresh any table by right-clicking the table and choosing Refresh, or you can click the Refresh All button on the Queries & Conections section of the Data tab of the ribbon to refresh all tables, or, of course click the button again to choose the pdf file and refresh automatically.

This is not working there was a run time error gave a message "Class not registered"...How to solve the problem

This PDF in Excel.
Hope it helps.

Well this is just a solution. Supporse if i'm having another companys Balance sheet and P&TL i can't keep contacting you. There should be a file were i put any compnay balance sheet & P&TL i will get the result.

gave a message "Class not registered"...How to solve the problem
I don't know, (1) did you try it with the file you attached? (2) did it allow you to debug? If so what code line was highlighted? and (3) what version of Excel are you using?

I don't know, (1) did you try it with the file you attached? (2) did it allow you to debug? If so what code line was highlighted? and (3) what version of Excel are you using?

Hai Friend,

I'm using Excel 2007. The errors displayed are attached along with this message. Don't know how to solve it

Attachments

• error displayed.png
    error displayed.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 7
  • error displayed01.png
    error displayed01.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 7
Your version of Excel is too old to work with Power Query.
I hope someone else can help you.

Back