• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How Many Excel Ninja's are active at Chandoo.org

Let the population know that how many Ninja are there to help them in their day to day excel problem....

I know about

Hui

Luke M-

NarayanK991

SirJB7-

Chandoo (The ring master)

Regards,

Kuldeep

Hi, kuldeepjainesl!

Missed a plus sign after Hui and NARAYANK991, or Luke M and me just gained the additional badge of a dash?

And what does that guy of the ring doing there? He isn't a ninja, is he?

:)

Regards!

Correct, there are 4 "Excel Ninja"s on the forums, all of whom are currently active. Basic guideline is that you have to reach 1000 posts, but I suppose the unwritten rule is that the large majority of those posts should be answers and not 1000 questions. =P

I would say that as key master, Chandoo assigns the "keys" of the forum to members as they reach ninja status.

Other cool facts I can see:

Hui has over 3k posts and has written several articles

Luke M has over 2k posts and has written just 1 post. =(

NarayanK991 has 1731 posts

SirJB7 has 1661 (and is catching up quickly)

@Luke M

Hi!

hmmm...

911... dialing... "Yes?", "FBI? Scotland Yard? Sûreté? Swiss Guard?... I'd like to report a theft... someone has stolen my keys..."

Regards!

PS: I must confess that I'm 500% more ignorant than Luke M, I started 6... :$

Thanks,

You all four are awesome...And i agrees that beside 1000 post for ninja, these should be 1000 solution....to get the Ninja tag....

if it will only be 1000 simple post, guys like me can also get the tag and would not be able to help the society....:) in a way you are....

Regards,

Kuldeep

that is where Key master comes in. I silently watch from sidelines, learn a lot and see who is gossiping and who is helping :D

@SirJB... You should call me. I may have those darned keys somewhere in the forum database.

Hi Ninja's

you guys are so helpful. The time it takes for one of you to respond is always amazing. I wish I could contribute more, but you are all much smarter then me.

cheers

GB

@ Hui.. In his 3k post, 20% are regarding how to write question, post a sample file, and URL for same type of thread. :)

but he is the only ninja with actual AVATAR..(unlike KeyMaster and other Ninja..) that's why he has a bonus point.. :)

I can anytime recognize Chandoo and his family..

@ Luke M, NarayanK991, and SirJB7.. Please change your profile picture.. :)

Hi Debraj ,

Your comment about Hui would apply to most of us !

If a poster frames his / her problem clearly , with adequate data , and adequate explanations , then there would be no clarificatory posts ; however I have seen that a lot of people who post questions lack time or words ; in fact , in one of my earlier posts , I had mentioned that the poster was releasing information in homeopathic doses !

Those of us who don't like to / wish to waste time on such questions , just ignore them. There are a few , like Hui , who feel obliged to answer ; this means that clarificatory posts are required. I think this should be appreciated.

Narayan

P.S. Just as I finished posting this , I saw a question on Financial Modeling ; can you please answer this question fully , so that only one post is required to resolve this poster's problem ?

@Debraj

You don't think I'm really a short, yellow man (with 3 legs) with a ninja outfit?? I'm SHOCKED!

Kuldeep

As you said there are 4 Ninja's, however there aren't any hard and fast rules to appointment.

I received my badge at 400 posts, but there were very few posts in those days and often we would only get 1 question per week, we now get approx 30+ per day.

All the other Ninja's have been nominated on my recommendation to Chandoo.

Ninjas receive no pay or remuneration for helping out at Chandoo.org, although we do receive magical powers that enable us to Edit and Delete posts.

In October last year when I went on holidays I notified the forums that I would be slowing down my forum work and spending more time on Chandoo.org Posts, which I have done. I encouraged forum readers to step up and fill the gap which has mostly happened and I am now grateful to the assistance of Luke M, NARAYANK991, SirJB7 and others for stepping up to assist.

There are several post questions that are asked frequently hopefully by new posters.

I believe in the saying "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.".

Although the Ninjas can probably solve most problems posted here, we are better off to let posters learn the Excel skills and techniques themselves and hence you will see a lot of reference to previous posts which have answered a similar question in the past. This is also a much more efficient use of our time.

I hope this has helped in some small way demystify the Chandoo.org Ninja's.

ps: Luke, I thought you were a small black man with 3 legs!

Hello Hui,

Thanks for you generosity to explain these facts...

I must say that if Microsoft is Mother of "Excel", you guys are Father of it.

One more small observation....that beside of ninja/member tag...The colour of text is also changing. For few it is gray and for other it is different like yours....

P.S....As I know, you are based in Australia then "How you post in night time" Have you managed to automate your responses too ? :)

Regards,

Kuldeep

Kuldeep

It's just midnight on the West Coast so it's nearly bed time

Every second post is grey so you can differentiate the posts easily

Odd numbered posts are grey

Even numbered posts are white

Sir, I did not realize that you are based in Australia & worked past midnight almost every day. Hats of to you. Good night.

@Kuldeep

A poster's title is blue/hyperlinked if the user has supplied a website on their profile page. Hui has set his website as an article he wrote here on Chandoo.org where he says who he is.

@Sachin

Check out this breakdown of how much time Hui puts in:

http://chandoo.org/wp/2011/01/14/birthday-gift-hui/

@Hui

Thanks again for all the hard work and contributions you've provided. =)

Hi Chandoo...

Do something to block spams. I observed few spam post to this place...Even few of them as a reply to someones genuine questions....

Regards,

Kuldeep

Kuldeep

Chandoo.org has a spam filter in place.

To post in the forums requires some one setup an account and then post.

We get 3 to 4 spams a day and they are generally marked as Spam and cleared out by the Ninjas fairly quickly

The best thing is to ignore them and never respond.

Back