• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How find duplicate values ?

jskushawah

I have a number list in Col A which has some duplicate values. I used =COUNTIF(A1:A46,MODE(A1:A46)) for verifying duplicate values.

now i want to all duplicate values in col B, so pls suggest me is this possible ??

if yes then how ?

Hi,

I'm not sure 100% if I understand what your after, but should be several things you can do.

To simplify make a named range called list for your A1:a46

In B2

Distinct List (A list containing no duplicates)

=IFERROR(INDEX(List,MATCH(0,IF(ISBLANK(List),"",COUNTIF($B$1:B1,List)),0)),"")

Enter as array

Or

Unique List (The ones in the list which have no duplicates at all)

=IFERROR(INDEX(List, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($C$1:C1, List)+(COUNTIF(List, List)<>1), 0)),"")

enter as array

or

and I think this may be what your asking for, you can tweak this to show the ones which do have duplicates, I think this should work:

=IFERROR(INDEX(List, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($D$1:D1, List)+(COUNTIF(List, List)=1), 0)),"")

again enter as array

The unique/not unique ones will bring back 0 when a blank is in the list, the original factors it in

sorry to say, but sir i am vary poor in using array formulas, so pls suggest me how i use the third formula, i can't understand why this formula contains Col D and cell $D$1 while my list is in A1:A46 and i want it in Col B, don't mind but kindly suggest me .....

Apologies, when I was trying them out I had them in columns B, C and D respectively

if you put the following in B2 it should work

=IFERROR(INDEX(List, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($B$1:B1, List)+(COUNTIF(List, List)=1), 0)),"")

+ ctrl + alt + enter

Back