• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

how do I display the target in a graph as well

markfay

Hi I've lots of data which shows me customer satisfaction from around the world. The data is simple, simply an average score out of 5 so I have a nice little graph in use.

The user simply selects his or her site and the graph displays 4 horizontal bars giving the score (out of 5) for four different customer satisfaction parameters

Easy so far.

The problem is that even though the maximum score is 5 the target can be different depending what region in the world the site is. eg 4, or 4.3 etc etc

The issue, I want to display in the same graph the target, for example a red dot would be ideal but there may be another way. I have the scores and the targets all brought together nicely when the users selects their site but cannot find a way of combining them and have been reduced to manually drawing red lines as the target, these are then in the wrong place as soon as a site in a different region is selected. I did try using the graph with a line style but as soon as I changed site it changed the line to a bar. thank you thank you thank you for any solutions

First, an easy way, I'd suggest maybe trying something like this:

http://chandoo.org/wp/2009/12/17/quick-thermometer-chart/

Specifically, at the end of article, Chandoo shows a chart for when actual > target.

Otherwise, here's the steps I'd do.

1. Plot both the actual and target on a chart as a column chart. Make sure the Target series is series # 2

2. Select the target series, right-click, change series. Change to a line series.

3. Format line series to have no line. Change marker to be a dot. You can either use one of the built in shapes, or draw a picture of what you want it to look like, copy the image, and then paste it onto the series.

Lets see if this is something you are looking for:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ic1874v7d29wdrh/Target%20Graph.xlsx

Luke, Nick. many thanks explored both your answers and using the new found knowledge I gained got the solution! :)

Back