• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How can i Find alphabet and space pattern in NAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhuri_G

I have a data, which says the "NAME" and few of the columns have two initials, it should be changed..

1st scenario is
A L
B G
C A
U H
......... and so on (multiple initial with space combination)

2nd scenario is
AK
BH
CK
DE
JE
AND so on.........(multiple INITAILS combination)

I need to find these two patterns and chnage it to certain text format... as "Supporter"

I need to know the formula in excel guys any help??

Last edited:
Suppose that your data is in column A from A1 to A20
use this code
Code:
Option Explicit
Sub TEST()
Dim I%
    For I = 1 To 20
        If Cells(I, 1) Like "[A-Za-z| ]*" Then
        Cells(I, 2) = "OK"
        End If
     Next
 End Sub

Hi Freinds,

Please check the AFTER & Before formula in Excel, I need FULLSALUTATION formula, it should return "Supporter" if column F is FALSE and has a SEGMENT accociated to it.

For dots(anamolies), one initial, two initials - it must return "Supporter". Any quick help is appreciated guys... Pls

Attachments

• Book1 - Copy.xlsx
    18.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi Freinds,

Please check the AFTER & Before formula in Excel, I need FULLSALUTATION formula, it should return "Supporter" if column F is FALSE and has a SEGMENT accociated to it.

For dots(anamolies), one initial, two initials - it must return "Supporter". Any quick help is appreciated guys... Pls
Duplicated-post

Don't open a new post for the same question, and please follow your original post in :

https://chandoo.org/forum/threads/need-help-in-excel-formula-to-address-fullsalutation.39934/

Post closed

Regards
Bosco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back