• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hierarchy summation using Excel

subhi

Dear all,

I have attached a data sheet containing extensive datasets that illustrate the values assigned to each character in columns 1 and 2. Columns 4 and 5 represent the summation process based on the direction from column 4 to 5, with a flow chart demonstrating these processes using directional arrows, such as the A104 character.

To calculate the total values of the A104 character in Excel, please refer to the following explanation:

New value of A104 character = (value of A122 + value of A121 + value of A117) + (value of A229 + value of A230) + (value of A93 + value of A109 + value of A124) + value of A102 + value of A92 + value of A118 + value of A119 + Original value of A104 character.

I require an Excel equation to calculate the total values of the A104 character based on the provided values and flow chart, with the results appearing in column 8.

1728973667542.png

Attachments

• Summation.xlsx
    20.4 KB · Views: 3

subhi

Now You've added a snapshot ... better for You.
Do You have expected result for eg A104?
Is formula solution only possible for You?
The result for A104 character is 35 ( total value will appear in colomn 8).
It will be much better if you can provide me with it as a formula.

subhi

I tried to check ...
Why there are missing A113 (4) & A116 (3) 'before' A117 from Your snapshot?
... with those two ... the result would be 42 for A104.

subhi

You could see more this my own way ...
with [ Solve ] ... could solve and see used with values
with [ Show ] ... could see - where are those used

Attachments

• Summation.xlsb
    127 KB · Views: 3

subhi

I tried to check ...
Why there are missing A113 (4) & A116 (3) 'before' A117 from Your snapshot?
... with those two ... the result would be 42 for A104.

Yes, you are right and it is my mistake, I have forgot to add A113 and A116 characters in the snapshot.

The new value of A104 character is 42.

1729057293316.png

I've been looking at https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/list-all-children-for-a-parent.795669/post-3892723 and have adjusted it a bit and have a sample of results below. Can you check a sample of them (especially some of the big ones) since I need to know that they're correct before I go on:

View attachment 88758
Unfortunately, my account on this web has been inactive. Once it is activated, I will see your results and I will let you know if it is working fine or not.

subhi

Did You check my sample file?
Your It will be much better if you can provide me with it as a formula.
... but this way, You could get something than much more than better ...

subhi

You could see more this my own way ...
with [ Solve ] ... could solve and see used with values
with [ Show ] ... could see - where are those used
Great effort! Your solution provides exactly what I was looking for, and it is working perfectly.
Thanks for your support and cooperation.

Is using macros the only way to solve my scenario, or can it be achieved using Excel formulas ?

subhi

It could be possible to use formulas too, but ... why?
It depends ... what do You really need to get needed report (or so)?
It could be possible to get those 'snapshots' or something that it could be verify results.

subhi

It could be possible to use formulas too, but ... why?
It depends ... what do You really need to get needed report (or so)?
It could be possible to get those 'snapshots' or something that it could be verify results.
I wish if it can be done using formulas, needed for reports and to build flow diagrams also.

subhi

I could offer vba-solution with some extras.
There could already get some kind of report.
With [ Show ] can see rough flow diagram - it could be possible to modify later.

Attachments

• Summation.xlsb
    283.4 KB · Views: 2
It isn't a duplicated issue, it is belong to the relation between the sites which is explained in coloms 4 and 5.
So you have great thing to me to make it clear flow diagram.
Thanks for usual support.

Back