• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hi All I looking for a formula to insert data in header field REF and description of goods _1 heade

RAM72

Hi All
I looking for a formula to insert data in header field REF and description of goods _1 header IN SAMPLE SHEET automatically based on REF header of sample database sheet where H code header and DESCRIPTION header data are found.

Annexed sample what i am expecting

For moment i use autofilter and find but very tedious .

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• samples database.xls
    127 KB · Views: 6
Just an improvement to @kchiba's solution to handle error if any value is not found in database.

See enclosed file.

Thanks

Attachments

• samples database.xls
    140.5 KB · Views: 6
Just an improvement to @kchiba's solution to handle error if any value is not found in database.

See enclosed file.

Thanks

Hi Ajesh

Could you help me when i tried to copy formula in the first cell #NAMES ? on both cell .
see Annexed

thanks to advise me

Attachments

• samples database.xls
    141 KB · Views: 3
Hi Ram,

I believe you are using Excel version which is older than Excel 2007. The formula to handle error part "IFERROR" will work with Excel 2007 or later. I have amended the formula so that it will work with earlier versions as well.

see enclosed file.

Thanks.

Attachments

• samples database.xls
    144.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi Ram,

I believe you are using Excel version which is older than Excel 2007. The formula to handle error part "IFERROR" will work with Excel 2007 or later. I have amended the formula so that it will work with earlier versions as well.

see enclosed file.

Thanks.

Hi Ajesh

You' re right it works the pc I used has excel 2003, I just checked the first file you send me in Excel 2010 .It works .

Great Thanks Ajesh

Marvellous :):):):);):awesome::awesome:

Back